Monday, July 21, 2008

Storm Thief by Chris Wooding

Storm Thief by Chris Wooding is about Moa and Rail, two ghetto thieves in the town of Orokos. Orokos is a strange land that is subject to 'probability storms' at any given moment. When a probability storm hits, things change. For instance, parts of town are flipped and moved and people develop serious illnesses, like Rail who must use a respirator to breathe now. Moa and Rail steal a device left over from hundreds of years ago, when people who lived on Orokos possessed technology that no one now understands. They are being hunted by the Secret Police, a shifty ghetto rat who works for the head thief, and scary energy beasts called revenants. Moa's life goal is to make it off of Orokos, sure that there is something more out there. Rail's life goal is to make a happy life for himself and Moa, sure there is nothing beyond Orokos.

I loved this book. Of all of the books I read this summer, this has been my favorite. I read it in one day because I just couldn't put it down! I will definitely be reading more books by Chris Wooding!

No comments: