Sunday, July 27, 2008

Poison by Chris Wooding

Poison by Chris Wooding is about a girl who named herself Poison as a teenager. She lives with her father, step-mother, and two year old sister in the Black Marshes. When her sister is stolen by the Phaerie Lord and replaced with a changling, Poison leaves the village she's always called home in an attempt to restore her family. Through a series of adventures, including nearly being eaten by the Bone Witch, escaping the spider lady, Asinastra, and outfoxing the Phaerie Lord in his attempt to trick her, Poison finds herself running out of time in her quest. All seems lost when she ends up at the Heirophant's Palace and realizes something about all of the worldly realms and her own humanity.

I really liked this book. It was a great fantasy adventure. I found myself easily relating to Poison. I read this book because of how much I loved The Storm Thief. Again, I am impressed with this author! I will be reading more books by Chris Wooding.

No comments: