Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter is about Cameron Morgan, a sophomore at the Gallagher Academy - a school for spies. Cameron meets her very first boyfriend while on a mission for one of her classes at the local carnival. Just to rule out Josh being a spy himself, Cameron and her suitemates decide to spy on him. This leads to some dumpster diving at his house and some recon missions where one of the girls ends up hanging from his roof! It also leads to Cameron dating Josh. She has to do this secretly, as it is against the rules to leave the school grounds and Cameron's mother just happens to be the headmistress of Gallagher. Everything comes to a crashing halt, however, when it comes time for the girls' final exam in their covert operations class. Unfortunately, Josh doesn't realize the truth and believes he needs to rescue Cameron!

I liked this book a lot. It was a really fun read. The author uses a lot of cute "side notes" to explain some of the spy lingo. I think this is a book all teenage girls will like. It's nice to see girls in a tough and smart role! This is one of the 2009-2010 Maud Hart Lovelace Nominees.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this book is awesome and action packed

Anonymous said...

This book is great!!!
I like this book because it was funny and sweet.
This book is about a girl named Cammie, she goes to a spy school, but that school is know as a school for really smart kids. But when her CoveOps teacher takes them out on a mission, Cammie meets Josh, a boy who she fell head over heels for. So this book is about how she trys to win his heart!!!

Anonymous said...

This Book was amazing it was about a girl named Cammie who meets a boy one night while on a mission. The boys name is Josh. The only thing is that Cammie can't tell JOsh that she goes to Gallagher Academy. THe Academy is considered a smart girls school where rich girls go in the town of Roseville. Will Cammie get to tell Josh Her real secret about herself or will she have to kill Josh!

Amira A. said...

This book was good, but not great I think that the book has a few parts that are boring. I think that it would have to be a little bit better for me to have but it as a MHL. I think that it does have a few good parts that put you on the edge of your seat,but there is not many so you get tired. I am sorry if the author reads this and see that someone did not like the book but sorry. I think that this book could use a mystery and,or something to keep you reading. (it might be that I just don't like this kind of book to) I think the people who pick the books for MHL should not have girly book and guy book there should only be book that both genders like.