Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter is the second Gallagher Girls novel. It is second semester of sophomore year of spy school for Cameron, Liz, Macey and Bex. The girls overhear Cammie's mom, the headmistress of Gallagher Academy, talking about "Blackthorne" and instantly go into covert operations mode, trying to figure out what Blackthorne is and why no one is allowed in the East Wing of the mansion. It turns out that Gallagher Academy has opened its doors to a secret spy school for BOYS! Fifteen boys from Blackthorne Institute begin taking classes with the girls. Cammie and her suitemates believe something must be wrong, and spend most of the semester spying on their new classmates, trying to uncover some evil plot against Gallagher Academy.

I actually began reading this book before realizing it was the second in the series. I had read to chapter 5 when I figured out that I should have read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You first. So, I read that one and returned to this one later! It was just as fun as the first. I liked that the story took place immediately after the first book ended - the same semester in high school. It didn't take any time to get right back into the story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book is really good and entertaining!
This book is about Cammie, a girl who goes to spy school, but one day she heard her mom talking about Blackthorne, then she tries to figure out what it is; but then they find out that it's a spy school for boys(instead of like Gallagher for girls, it's Blackthorne for boys; did you notice the G for girls and B for boys in the school name? so then they take new classes, and new courses since the boys are there. But some off the boys are kind of weird/secretive, and her room mates and herself thinks that they are here for some evil plot... honestly i really liked this book...because the ending really left you off, almost like a cliff hanger but not quite, nice sequel..

Anonymous said...

if you liked this book, you should read a book called:
The School For Dangerous Girls by Eliot Schrefer, it honestly more mature than this book...mild language, etc. but really good..it oddly, just a bit reminded me of this book, so i recommend this book to you. :)