Sunday, November 8, 2009

H.I.V.E. (The Higher Institute of Villainous Education) by Mark Walden

H.I.V.E. (The Higher Institute of Villainous Education) by Mark Walden is about a unique training facility... it trains teens to be villains! Otto Malpence and Wing Fanchu found themselves being transported to H.I.V.E. after having been "retrieved" by fiends operating under Nero and Number One. H.I.V.E. is hidden within a seemingly active volcano on an uncharted island. Upon arrival, the boys quickly learn that thoughts of escape are futile. They, along with all of the other students at this school, were hand selected for their various talents. Otto just happened to hijack the teleprompter at the Prime Minister's latest speech and caused quite a scene, one of their other classmates in the infamous Wraith, who steals priceless jewelry from some of the most highly guarded buildings in the world. No one knows why Wing was chosen for H.I.V.E., but everyone has seen his unparalleled combat skills! Wing, Otto, and two other students hatch a plan for escape after Otto accidentally sees some blueprints of The H.I.V.E. Between the four of them, it looks like escape might actually be possible, if not for H.I.V.E.mind, the artificial intelligence agent who is everywhere and sees everything. Despite not having much to return to, the four of them desperately want to leave The H.I.V.E., and think they may have found a way to do it!

This book was full of action and cool technology! This is one of those books where I wanted to read ahead faster and faster because I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next!

No comments: