Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare is about the relationships between two different couples. Hero is the daughter of the governer of Messina, Leonato. She falls for Claudio, the closest friend of Prince Don Pedro. The make plans to be married, but in a fit of jealousy, Don Pedro's brother, Don John hatches a plan to separate the happy couple. Meanwhile, Benedick, another friend of the prince, has decided to never love and never marry. Beatrice, Hero's cousin, has professed the same thing. Without their knowledge, their friends make plans to get the two together. By the end of the story they have fallen for one another and make plans to marry!

This was the final book I read for my daughter's book club. I have never read any of Shakespeare's other works, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I found this book to be a fun look at life, love, and relationships during the 1600s! There was so much plotting, treachery, and trickery, that I found myself excited to find out what would happen in the end!

1 comment:

Christee said...

In a book: Shakespeare's Secret, the name of the main character is Hero and her sister's name is Beatrice...have you read the book Shakespeare's Secret? it's a good book, and a quick read...(its a mystery)

-Christine 61