Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer is the fourth and final installment in the Twilight Series. It just came out today (12:01am). After purchasing the book at around 12:04am, I read until around 4:00am. Then, after waking at 8:30am, read off and on all day. I just finished all 754 pages at about 10:00pm. I don't want to give too much away for those of you who were as excited as I was for this one to come out. I will say that Bella makes her choice between Edward and Jacob, but a surprising twist makes everything OK. Does Bella become a vampire? Do the Volturi come after the Bella and the Cullens? Those questions are also answered, but I'm not telling!

As fast as I read this book, and as excited as I was for it to finally come out, it was hard for me to close the cover on this series. I think I might read all four books again soon, just so I don't have to feel like the world of Bella and Edward has come to a close. While I did enjoy all of the loose ends that were tied up in this final book, I will always love Twilight, the first book, the most out of all four.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book ROX!!!

Anonymous said...

this book is exciting almost all the way

Anonymous said...

i love this book, but this is not the best in the series.
This book is about Bella, and who she will choose Jacob or Edward, and this book answers the big question. "WILL BELLA BECOME A VAMPIRE?" of course i won't tell.
I liked this book because it ends the series by telling what happens to who, the bad thing about this book is that it gets nasty and gross at parts.

Unknown said...

I thought this book was a cliff hanger, Stephenie Meyer uses the Volturi clan as the evil in this story. It was a big twist also seeing the baby. (Hope that didn't give it away!) Does Bella see what she has done after she convinces Edward? I think it was a good twist on the story. I enjoyed this book because I have read the whole series prior to Breaking Dawn and I had really grown with the Cullens' and the Swans, as well as Mike and Jessica.
One reason I didn't like this book was mainly because of the length, as I was reading it I was so eager to find out what happened next I was sitting at the edge of my bed waiting to find out what happens next!
Well I really enjoyed this book. Overall it was definitely one of my top picks! I was always interested with this series, the suspense and unsuspected romance kept my at the edge of my seat the whole 754 pages!