Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Castle Waiting by Linda Medley

Castle Waiting by Linda Medley is a fairy tale in graphic novel form. Linda Medley combines elements from many familiar fairy tales such as Sleeping Beauty and Rumplestiltskin, along with other fun original ideas. The first part of the book is a newer version of Sleeping Beauty, explaining how the Castle Waiting got its beginning. The next part is about Jain, a young expecting mother on a journey. She winds up at Castle Waiting, a place where she finds sanctuary for herself and her baby. The rest of the novel is made up of the women at Castle Waiting and a unique convent sharing their own life stories.

I really enjoyed this book! My husband checked it out from the library and I started reading it after just paging through. I was so intrigued that I finished it in a day! I think this book will appeal to a wide audience!

No comments: