Saturday, June 21, 2008

Three Days by Donna Jo Napoli

Three Days by Donna Jo Napoli is about Jackie, an eleven year old girl who spends three terrifying days kidnapped by strangers in Italy. The story begins as Jackie and her father are in Italy for her father's business. On their way back to their hotel one night, her father suffers a heart attack in the car, leaving Jackie stranded. A car pulls up and Jackie goes with the men, thinking they are there to help her. Unfortunately for her, they have other plans.

This book was a quick read for me. It was exciting following Jackie and her thoughts as she tried to escape from this strange situation. I enjoyed the subtle clues Donna Jo Napoli gave as to who the kidnappers were and their reasons for abducting Jackie. I also liked the way the ending left the reader hanging, allowing me to make up my own "then what happened."

No comments: