Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Beastly by Alex Flinn is a modern version of the classic beauty and the beast tale. This novel, however, is told from the beast's perspective. Kyle is a rich and handsome teenager with a nasty attitude. When he makes fun of the wrong classmate, he is turned into a beast. Kyle has just two years to find a girl to love, who loves him back enough to prove it with a kiss.

I really enjoyed this twist on a story I know very well. Despite knowing what was going to happen next, I looked forward to reading to find out how Kyle (eventually he changed his name to Adrian) would react and what his next thought would be. I also really liked the fact that this story's belle, Lindy, was intelligent, hard-working, and compassionate. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys modern fairy tales!

2 comments:

Christee said...

hi hi! i'm reading this book right now itss reallky good so far! I really enjoy most modernn fairy tales
lol
i have many spelling/grammar errors lol
i lost my glasses :)
aka broke thhem

hehehe i like the story so far, i liked how the witch could shape-shift...it was kewl

Christee said...

this book was simply awesome, it is one of the few books that actually made me want to keep reading foward!!! I also liked how Lindy aka "belle" was smart and hard-working, instead of like Stoane, mean and snotty. This is officially one of my favorite books
This book is about Kyle, the guy who's got it all, money, looks, and is the "king" of the school, but one day when he insults and made a terrible mistake, he was turned into a beast, and only has 2 years to find true love...

-CHRISTINE HA @};- <<<(the pic is a rose)