Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Struggle (Vampire Diaries Series #2) by L. J. Smith

The Struggle (Vampire Diaries Series #2) by L. J. Smith is the sequel to The Awakening. The Struggle begins immediately after The Awakening ends, with Elena and Damon fighting. In the 2nd book of the series, the story focuses on Elena and her friends, Bonnie and Meredith, trying to clear Stefan's name and trying to stay away from Damon, who they believe is the one behind the recent attacks on people in their small town. Elena has become an outcast at school, which is increasingly troublesome, since she used to be the one everyone loved. Her former best friend Caroline stole Elena's diary and has been publishing bits and pieces of it - the most incriminating evidence against Stefan - in the school newspaper and bulletin boards! Meanwhile, Damon keeps inserting himself into Elena's life in the most unlikely places.

This was an interesting story. I can't help but feel that there wasn't a lot of action or suspense. I had a hard time coming up with my summary because I couldn't really remember the events of the story. I suppose that could be because I'm tired and I've been reading it at night before bed, but it could also be because not a lot happened. I definitely liked the first book better. I haven't seen the TV show yet, but I'm interested in watching it from the beginning to see how the story has been adapted to the screen!

No comments: