Monday, August 3, 2009

The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd

The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd is about Ted and Kat, siblings who find out their cousin, Salim, is staying overnight at their house for a few nights on his way to move to New York with his mom. Salim really wants to ride the London Eye, a huge ferris wheel that rotates once each 1/2 hour. While waiting in line, a stranger offers the kids a free ticket to ride. Because Ted and Kat had ridden the Eye in the past, they let Salim go alone with the free ticket. They watched their cousin get on the 'pod' and waited for him to return 30 minutes later. But, when the 'pod' came back down, Salim wasn't on it. Eventually, they realize that Salim has vanished and he's not coming back. Ted and Kat make it their mission to find Salim.

This was a great mystery! The entire time I read, I kept trying to solve the mystery. I thought I had it all figured out, but I wasn't even close!! I really enjoyed this book! Ted is autistic and thinks a little differently than most people. I really liked the way the author made Ted the hero because of this difference.

No comments: