Sunday, July 12, 2009

Seekers: The Quest Begins by Erin Hunter

Seekers by Erin Hunter is about three bears, Kallik, a young polar bear, Lusa, a young brown bear, and Toklo, a young grizzly bear. Each of these three bears is trying to learn about the world and how to survive in it. They all go on a long journey, and their stories intertwine in the end.

This was a good adventure story! Each chapter is told through a different bears' perspective. I learned a lot about the different types of bears, their habitat, and their habits. I really liked the way the world was described through the eyes of the young bears. The reader has to make a lot of inferences, as the names of common things (like guns, roads, cars) are different. For example, the bears called guns, "fire sticks," but the author doesn't offer an explanation of the term - just a description of the gun. This is the first book in the series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked this book a lot and couldn't put it down at some parts because it was interesting and kept my interest. I definitely would recommend this book to people who like animals, even if they don't like bears! I didn't really like bears at first but now that I know about them more I think they're pretty cool. I hope to read the second and third book, too!
-Maddie Bohrnstedt Core 5