Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch is a collection of words of wisdom and advice given by Randy Pausch, a computer science professor who had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. When given the news he had only months to live, Randy began doing everything he could to prepare himself and his family for the inevitable. Part of his preparation was in delivering a speech at his alma mater in the Last Lecture series. He knew it would be his own last lecture and he took it very seriously.

The book is a compilation of stories from his youth and his life experience. It was not at all sad, as I had expected, but upbeat. It includes excellent advice on how to live a happier, optimistic life. It is full of funny stories and touching memories. It made me really reevaluate the way I want to live my life and the legacy I want to leave behind. Again, it is not a work for young adults, but I believe anyone could learn a lot from the words within these pages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a great book!