Sunday, February 14, 2010

Eve of the Emperor Penguin (Magic Tree House Series #40) by Mary Pope Osborne

Eve of the Emperor Penguin by Mary Pope Osborne is the 40th book in the Magic Tree House Series. In this book, Jack and Annie have to find the 4th secret of happiness for Merlin before he fades away from his sadness. Their adventure takes them to Antarctica where they search for the "ancient crown" in and around a live volcano, Mount Erebus. What they find will both shock and amaze you! They must return to Camelot with all 4 secrets of happiness before the day ends in order to save Merlin. Will they make it in time?

Believe it or not, this was the first Magic Tree House book I've ever read! I read it with my son for his school's Read-a-Thon. I really liked the adventure and the positive messages in the story. I also liked the facts page at the end, describing what it's really like in Antarctica. There are so many books in this series, I think we'll be able to find good books to share for quite some time!


No comments: