Monday, May 18, 2009

Snatched (The Bloodwater Mysteries) by Pete Hautman and Mary Logue

Snatched (Bloodwater Mysteries #1) by Pete Hautman and Mary Logue is about Roni, a high school student from a small town called Bloodwater. Roni is a reported for her school newspaper, and is always getting into trouble for the things she writes. On her way out of the principal's office one day, she meets Brian, another high school student who can't seem to stay out of trouble. Both earn suspensions for their respective crimes, and instead of using their time to "think about what they've done," they use it to investigate the beating and kidnapping of one of their classmates. Alicia Camden isn't the nicest student at their school, but when she claims she's been attacked by a stranger, and then disappears the following day, everyone is shocked. Roni and Brian use their best investigative reporting to get to the bottom of the story that just isn't adding up.

I loved this book! I read it for our new project in honors reading, and I'm glad this is the one I picked. I don't usually read mysteries, but this one was great! The characters were real people, which is something I really admire. This book had a little bit of everything - mystery (of course), drama, humor, etc. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in reading a mystery. And, I'll be reading the second Bloodwater Mystery very soon!

No comments: