Saturday, April 18, 2009

Demon in My View by Ameila Atwater-Rhodes

Demon in My View by Ameila Atwater-Rhodes is the sequel to In the Forests of the Night. This novel is about Jessica, a teenage author who wrote a book called Tiger, Tiger, which happens to be the story in In the Forests of the Night. Little does Jessica know that the characters she dreamed up are real - including the vampires and witches. The most fearsome vampire in the story is Aubrey. Jessica is shocked to find the new student at her school, Alex, is the epitome of her "made-up" character, Aubrey. Soon, however, everything begins to click for Jessica, and she realizes that she isn't crazy - the things that are happening to her are real and the "characters" she though she'd imagined are alive... and they're after her for spilling their secrets.

This was a fun read. I actually began to like Aubrey in this book! Having the characters from the previous book return in a more modern setting was interesting. I liked it better than In the Forests of the Night. I recently found out that there is another book in this series. I think it is worth checking out!

No comments: